The Engagement and Functional Assessment Clinician provides community and/or outpatient clinical services of diagnosis, assessment, and treatment planning for clients served. This staff works within CLM’s Community Support Program with individuals with severe mental illnesses and those with co-occurring disorders. The position is full time, 35 hours a week. The clinical aspect of the job will be performing individual therapy typically in the office setting using therapeutic skills (such as CBT, DBT, and other interventions) while integrating Motivational Interviewing to engage clients in reaching therapeutic goals. Community engagement and functional assessment work will typically use IMR (Illness Management and Recovery) and similar strategies coupled with Motivational Interviewing to engage clients in therapeutic services to manage their illness while assessing their treatment needs, motivation, and goals. If appropriate the clinician will re-engage the client or refer the client to therapeutic services that area appropriate for the clients’ needs.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Provide outpatient therapy to adults;
- Provide community support services of IMR or Functional Support Services to client’s in the community;
- Provide timely documentation on each service delivered;
- Collaborate and coordinate efforts with CLM treatment team, PCP, and/or other involved providers;
- Provide assessment services to clients in the Community Support Program including quarterly assessments and assessments for eligibility for state funded services.
- Using engagement strategies develop treatment plans with each client; specify presenting problem, objectives, interventions, and desired outcomes;
- As a part of the CSP Team the staff will collaborate and coordinate with involved providers;
- Clinical hours will be delivered in CLM’s Derry and Salem offices, as well as within the community when clinically appropriate.
- Master’s degree required; licensed preferred;
- Experience within a clinical setting preferred.
- Unique population skillset desired: BPD, EMDR, IDD, SUD, Integrated Care, and or Veteran/Military;
- Effective communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task;
- Strong documentation skills and prior experience utilizing electronic records;
- Strong ability and desire to work as part of a clinical team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must have ability to sit at a computer and use keyboard for data entry;
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients and be responsive to office space issues of agency;
- Must have ability to sit for 50 minute intervals while in sessions.
- Must be willing to enter and work with clients in the community when clinically necessary;
- Must be willing to transport clients in your vehicle when clinically appropriate;
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record, vehicle and auto insurance are required.
Directions for Applying for this Position
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.