Emergency Services can be reached 24/7

Call (603) 434-1577  Option 1

NH Rapid Response logo

Learn More >


1. How do I make an appointment?

You simply call (603) 434-1577 between 8:30 am - 5:00 pm weekdays and ask for the Access to Care Department. Our Access to Care Specialists will gather information about you and schedule your intake with a clinician. If you are calling to make an appointment for an adult friend or family member, have that person with you when you call so we can also talk to him/her.

2. What do I need to bring with me to my first visit?

Please bring bring important documents (as applicible): insurance card, driver's license or photo ID, medication list, guardianship paperwork, provider list, parenting plan, IEP/504 plan, psychological/academic testing results and co-pay as applicible. If you have recently been discharged from the hospital, please bring your discharge paperwork with you also.

3. What can I expect to happen during my first visit?

We ask that you arrive approximately 30 minutes early to complete some initial paperwork. You will meet with a therapist for approximately an hour for an intake appointment. He/she will gather a detailed history, try to understand your needs and work with you to develop a treatment plan you feel will provide you with your desired outcomes.

4. How often will appointments be scheduled?

For some people, weekly, solution-focused brief treatment may best suit their needs. For others, additional support services may be recommended for more comprehensive care. Treatment may also include visits with one of our medical providers to help manage symptoms and enhance recovery.

5. Will I continue to see the same therapist that I saw for my intake?

Not usually, you will then be assigned to a therapist who is best suited to meet your needs.

6. What if an emergency occurs after hours?

We have staff on call 24/7 to deal with emergencies. Call 603-434-1577, Option 1 to reach Acute Care (Emergency) Services. CLM staff will discuss the emergency, develop a crisis plan, and, if needed, coordinate for you to be evaluated at your local emergency room. For life threatening emergencies call 911.

7. Will my health insurance pay for my services?

Nearly all of the services we offer at CLM are covered by health insurance. We have contracts with most area health insurance plans, including Medicaid and Medicare. We will inform you of any co-pays, deductibles or other costs for which you may be responsible. Our Access to Care Specialists can assist with questions regarding insurance and any financial questions you might have.

8. Will my records be kept confidential?

There are very strict Federal and State laws and regulations to protect the privacy of healthcare information. CLM carefully adheres to these standards.

9. Can I look at my records or ask to have them released to another party?

You have a right to look at or request a copy your records. If you sign a release, we will forward a copy of your records to you or a third party. Once released, we no longer have any control over what the person or agency does with the information they obtain. For your first request, you can have the first 25 pages copied, at no charge. Each additional page thereafter will cost $.25 per page. Please give us 7 to 10 business days for processing upon receipt of request.

10. I am worried about a family member/friend who is very sad and not enjoying life. What can I do?

Be supportive and mention your concern and desire to help them. Try to resist the temptation to advise or lecture. Instead, tell them you are happy to listen but the most effective thing you can do is to help them to connect with someone trained to help them. If he/she responds positively, then offer to assist him/her in calling us. If you are concerned that this person may harm him/herself, call us for advice or, if necessary, call 911.

11. My family member/friend won't follow recommended treatment.

Know that your support and encouragement are very important. Lecturing is not usually effective. Feel free to call the person's therapist, if your concern persists. Please remember, without the client's consent, the therapist cannot share any information with you but they can listen to your concerns. For you it may only be a one-way conversation and we may have to inform the client of your call.

12. Where can I find a support group?

Please go to the Programs and Services section of our website and visit our CLM Adult Groups, and CLM Child and Adolescent Groups pages to see what we have available. You can also download and print the available brochures.  If you have questions please call (603) 434-1577.

13. How can I get more information on your programs and services?

Please visit our Adults, Child, Adolescent & Family, and Seniors Programs pages to learn more about the comprehensive list of services we offer. Visit our TMS Therapy for more about this specialized treatment for depression. Feel free to download and print our About CLM Services brochure.

14. I am a provider of mental health services and I wish to refer someone to one of your programs or services. Who should I contact?

You should call (603) 434-1577, option 2 and ask to speak to our Access to Care Department.